FORWARD LOOKING CONSUMER SURVEY (1,500 RESPONDENTS)
Stabilization Especially Notable Among 55+
- RR’s Intent to Eat Out Index (our survey of 1,500 consumers’ plans to eat-out over the next month) increased +5.5% y/y.
- On a sequential month/month basis, we see a stabilization in the form of a strong increase in respondents indicating plans to eat-out with about the same frequency as the previous month (especially among those 55+).
- The average promotional price for QSR continues to ramp-up as check has become integral to driving sales as the industry must make do with a smaller pool of employed consumers post-lockdown.
- Conversely, FSR continues to use lower promotional prices as a way to attract dine-in guests.
- Click here for info on how to order the RR Promotion Tracker Tool (click for sample).