FORWARD LOOKING CONSUMER SURVEY (1,500 RESPONDENTS)
Second Best Results Since Inception
- RR’s Intent to Eat Out Index (our survey of 1,500 consumers’ plans to eat-out over the next month) increased +7.4% y/y, representing both the second largest monthly increase and absolute score since survey inception.
- We credit this with improving price value (see chart below) combined with government stimulus.
- Notably, this combo helped stabilize the important 18-24 age cohort which significantly pivoted from plans of eating out “a lot less” last month to “about the same” this month.
- Also, a significant improvement in the 45-54 age cohort reflects a major pivot from eating out “a lot less” last month to “a little more” this month.
- Click here to view RR LTOverview Promotion Tracker Tool sample.
Monthly Sequential Change