All You Need to Know About 3Q21 Investor Conference Calls
• Results for 1Q21 were very positive as the industry slowly, but surely gets back to normal.
• Off-premise seems able to retain elevated sales levels even as the sit-down business returns.
• An acceleration in digital adoption is not only improving convenience, but also operator efficiency.
• Labor & food inflation continue to be a major concern.
● The industry continued an uneven recovery as healthy consumer demand for dine-in occasions was interrupted by vacillating government dine-in restrictions which tightened at year-end.
● Fortunately, restrictions began to ease again at the start of 2021 and, despite some uncooperative weather, 1Q dine-in comps seem to be back on track for recovery.
● QSR had a great year as any chain with a drive-thru made-out ok.